Neets Bay Bear Watch by Floatplane
Neets Bay Bear Watch by Floatplane Tour Brochure (0.7MB)
This once-in-a-lifetime expedition with wild black bears of Southeast Alaska is certain to charm everyone from nature lovers to photo enthusiasts. Climb aboard a floatplane for a bird's eye view of Ketchikan and its surrounding wilderness, and fly to Neets Bay - one of the finest bear viewing locations in Southeast Alaska. A naturalist guide will lead your group on a short, round trip ¼-mile walk along a well maintained nature trail through the rainforest. Along the way, your guide will describe the habits of the bear and the lifecycle of their favorite meal, the salmon. The secure, covered viewing area allows for up-close observation of the bears in their natural habitat among the wilderness beauty of the Tongass National Forest. Other wildlife you might see include eagles, Sitka black-tailed deer, mink, marten, and seals.
The floatplane's amenities will help to make your trip a memorable experience, including digital CD audio systems, individual passenger headsets, and extra-large windows for sightseeing (every guest is guaranteed a window seat). A souvenir route guidebook will help you identify landmarks and scenic highlights, and will serve as a memento of your trip.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Duration includes approximately 50 minute flight and 1 hour at the site.
- Tour operates July 22 through September 21.
- Walking trail at Neets Bay hatchery is 1/4 mile with uneven, narrow passageways.
- Wear comfortable hiking footwear and dress warmly.
- Rain gear recommended.
- Bear sightings are not guaranteed.
- This flight has no weight surcharge.
- Souvenir route guide with postcard is included.