Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer
Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer Tour Brochure (1.0MB)
Explore Misty Fjords – one of nature’s most spectacular creations – while cruising in luxury aboard one of the fastest sightseeing vessels in Alaska.
The adventure begins as soon as you leave Ketchikan’s picturesque harbor, passing by colorful fishing boats and float planes, in route to a wilderness experience you will never forget. Enjoy first-class service and an informative Naturalist's presentation, and watch for marine and coastal wildlife as you “fly” at sea level past the rugged coastlines bordering Revillagigedo Channel.
Voyage into Behm Canal, surrounded by the pristine beauty of Misty Fjords. Along the way you'll stop to view an active bald eagle’s nest, a Tlingit pictograph, and New Eddystone Rock; an immense volcanic spire rising from the emerald sea. Delight in the unhurried exploration of Rudyerd Bay, an ice-carved masterpiece deep within the Monument. Learn the natural history of the fjords, listen to the call of nesting seabirds, and feel the mist of glistening waterfalls while gliding quietly beneath 3,000-foot glacier-sculpted cliffs.
Cruise south from Rudyerd Bay to view a gathering of harbor seals, and enjoy a selection of complimentary snacks and beverages while watching for other species of wildlife that thrive here. In route to Ketchikan, you’ll have the opportunity to experience native culture and history presented by a Tlingit story-teller, watch a native artist at work, or view a tour-related video presentation.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Wildlife sightings are frequent, but not guaranteed.
- Dress warmly in layers to enjoy viewing and photography from the open-air observation deck.
- This tour can accommodate manual and electric wheelchairs but not electric scooters, due to raised doorway thresholds.
- Passengers with disabilities must contact their cruise ship's onboard Tour Office at least 48 hours prior to the excursion to ensure arrangements can be made to meet their particular needs.
- Binoculars, souvenir route map, snacks, coffee, tea, and cocoa are provided.
- Bring your camera.