Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest
Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest Tour Brochure (1.0MB)
Enjoy guaranteed wildlife viewing on this award-winning cruise through one of the world’s most beautiful coastal environments.
You’ll have the opportunity to observe sea otters, whales, sea lions, porpoise, harbor seals, brown bears, blacktailed deer, bald eagles and a variety of marine birds. An onboard naturalist will explain the workings of this remarkable ecosystem. You’ll also learn about the sea otters’ recovery, following their near-extinction at the hands of Russian fur hunters in the early 1800s.
Your waterjet-driven tour vessel has been specially designed to navigate southeast Alaska’s narrow island passages and bays, allowing for spectacular wildlife viewing at close range. Each vessel features a warm and comfortable cabin with enclosed seating, large windows, a snack bar and restrooms. Visit the topside observation deck for unparalleled photo opportunities and to fully enjoy the experience with all of your senses.
This tour guarantees you will see an otter, a whale, or a bear. If not, you’ll receive a $100 cash refund ($50 refund per child) as you disembark the vessel. The tour includes complimentary admission into St. Michael’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral, should you choose to explore the area on your own either before or after the tour.
What You Should Know About
The Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest
- Dress warmly & bring a rainproof jacket to wear on the observation deck.
- Guests on afternoon departures will want to visit the cathedral prior to the tour – just show your Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest tour voucher at the cathedral for admission.
- All vessels are manual wheelchair accessible; there is no lift.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, water, snacks, binoculars, and a ticket to St. Michael’s Russian Orthodox Cathedral is included.
- Guests are guaranteed to see an otter, a whale, or a bear. If not receive a $100 cash refund ($50 refund per child) as you disembark the vessel.
- Due to a Sitka ordinance, no smoking is allowed on any part of the vessel, inside or on the observation deck.
- All cruise ships use tender boats to ferry passengers ashore in Sitka. Be sure to check your ticket for meeting place and time so you do not miss your tour. If your tour departs from shore allow yourself at least 45 minutes to tender ashore.
- Always check what time the last tender leaves shoreside back to your ship.
Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest Testimonials